This is the Royal Master Grinders Model TG-12×4 with our new Servo Cycle Ram Bed system. There have been many updates to the machine base and the controls. Here at the IMTS Show, this machine is grinding a headed part with multiple diameters along the 4 inch shank.
The first thing you notice is the “CLEAN” look to the machine base. No gauges, no hand wheels, no hang on boxes. Everything is “put away” where it belongs. Enclosures contain the non-essentials. The machine base and the machine bed are both larger to provide a stable platform for the grinding and to hold a hand micrometer. Coolant containment is enhanced by the broader platform and deeper troughways. Fork lift access slots make machine lifting much easier.
The new Servo Cycle is an upgrade to the Ram Bed Position Control. The Ram Bed Positioning uses a new Servo Motor and Ball Screw movement over a Dovetail and Gib Slideway. The new system is a Parker Automation Control with motor resolution of .015 Microns. The new machine control is color touch screen. Added screen functions include automatic size compensation, automatic wheel dress with compensation, wheel dress parameters, infeed grind parameters saved on power down and infeed grind parameters library storage feature.
Both wheel dressers feature motor cross feed and motor down feed. This makes automatic wheel dress possible. The new Servo Cycle when equipped with this auto dress feature has the ability to auto dress and to do auto compensation. This auto dress feature uses templates for tracing the profile.
The “Jobber Machine” concept is that the machine is cost efficient to purchase, capable of fast set-ups and simplified changeovers, repeatable and fast cycle times and capable of most any part grind. This machine becomes the “Go To” grinder in your shop. It is what a “Job Shop” would want to have on their floor.
The optional Regulating Wheel Lateral Adjust feature allows for fast alignment of the Regulating Wheel Form to the Work Wheel Form.
The Servo Cycle System is:
- Designed with a Ball Screw and Frameless Servo Motor with Rotary Encoder
- Optional Linear Glass Scale
- Infeed and Thrufeed Grind Capability
- Easy To Use Touch Screen Operator Interface
- Programmable Infeed Cycles can be saved and recalled with unique file names
- Thrufeed Grind with fine resolution positioning to 0.000,010″ of an inch or 1/4 micron increments
- 2″ of Ram Bed travel allowing for removal of Grinding Wheel
- Digital Read-out of Ram Position
- Tachometer and Ammeter Display on screen
- Library Storage on PLC of multiple Infeed Cycle Parameters
- Expandable I/O for Automation
- Servo Motor Driven Regulating Wheel
- Available communication for Feed Systems
For more information on this product and for an evaluation of how it might benefit your grind application, contact Royal Master Grinders at www.royalmaster.com. See us at Booth 6646 in Chicago.